Monday, August 16, 2010

08/16/10

Today was my kindergarten reading training day. As it happens, no one realized I would be the ONLY kindergarten teacher at this training. So, I spent the morning reading my teacher's edition, trying to catch up on my phonemic blending... waiting for someone to notice that my new students don't recognize their own names. Finally, the presenter took pity on me and asked the district k/1 reading coach to give me a one-to-one training session. It was such a blessing. I Think am just going to need to put on my big girl pants and push through these next few weeks. I did learn today that I am a natural when it comes to teaching blending, with a puppet no less! As far as fifth grade teacher turned kindergarten teacher goes, I'm a rock star!

Anyway, when I was driving home this verse came to mind. My God, the one I call to for help, made the UNIVERSE and is willing to help me :). How do I forget, so often, what a blessed girl I am!

"I lift up my eyes to the hills- where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the maker of heaven and earth. He will not let your foot slip- he who watches over you will not slumber..." -Psalm 121:1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment