Friday, August 27, 2010

08/27/10


I survived three days of kindergarten... so many stories...

"I have my lunch Miss Mattei"- Kindergartener
"That's a box of sandwich bags"- Me
"My mom said this is my lunch"- Kindergartener
"No she didn't. This isn't food."- Me
***
On a scavenger hunt around the school looking for Chester the Raccoon, we made a stop at the nurses office. This is how that went:
"Boys and girls I am Nurse Julie. I am so happy to meet you today and that you are all feeling well."- Nurse Julie
"I just remembered, I think I'm hurt..."- Kindergartener
***
Today we all took a bathroom break. Trust me, it's better if we all go... Anyway, we had been standing there for about five minutes and kids had been going to the bathroom. I was about to take them to recess...
"Ok, has everyone got to the potty?"- Me
"I need to go!"- students who have been standing with the finished students the whole time... What did they think we were there for??
***
I got called "Mr. Mattei" today.
***
While packing-up on the first day one of my girls tried to stuff her tissue boxes back in her back pack. When I talked to her she started crying, saying, "I just really wanted to have these with me at home!"
***
More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment